Simon de Burtons Almhouses, Long Row, Bristol.
Almhouses on this site date back to 1292, however what Little photographed was of early eighteenth century date. After an air raid the building was reduced to a shell and nothing remains today except the line of this narrow street.
In the Lady Chape, St Peters Church, Bristol.
Despite it's gruesome looking state this is actually carved stone. The memorial dates from the 1650s and belongs to the Newton family. It actually depicts an effigy of a priest who fasted himself to death hence the bones we can see. This may be the only photograph recorded of the carving, it is thought lost to the air raids of 1940.
Bristol July 9th 1908 [Dutch House].
Royal Visit 1908. A photograph from the middle of a busy street was an unusual setting for a Fred Little image. The impressive over hanging decorations were part of the celebrations of the visit of the King, Queen & Princess Victoria. The boarding to the right marks the pavement /road widening alterations to the Dutch House. Fred successfully captured a candid glimpse into Edwardian Bristol life in this postcard.